We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Berling Ohio

MI
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Berling Ohio

Are Amish stores or restaurants open on Sundays in Berlin?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Berling Ohio

Almost all Amish businesses are closed Sundays. I have no particular knowledge of Berlin.

You could identify restaurants and businesses of interest here, and call and ask:

experience-ohio-amish-country.com/berlin-ohi…

Edited: 5:15 pm, October 17, 2012
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,325 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Berling Ohio

All Amish businesses are closed on Sunday including in Berlin. When I've traveled for a weekend, I come home Saturday evening or early Sunday morning :)

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Berling Ohio

If you're heading back to Michigan on Sunday, or Monday, you could take route 39 west to the Mohican region and visit Loudonville, where many stores likely are open on Sunday (you might want to check that as well to be certain). Loudonville often bills itself as the Gateway to Amish country.

From Loudonville, you could take route 60 north to route 250 to I-90. If nothing else, you would have a nice drive through the Ohio countryside.

Alternatively, you also could explore the rest of the Mohican region, such as the unique Malabar Farm State Park, Mohican State Park and even attractions in Mansfield.

Check out Loudonville and the Mohican region and Mansfield here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g50207-s407/Cleveland…

4. Re: Shopping in Berling Ohio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 28, 2013