We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening activities

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
325 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
evening activities

I chose Berlin forum as its fairly "central" in Amish area. We are familiar with the area and go often for day trips . .but only spend the nite during the Christmas season .. where there is plenty to do in the evenings. . We are going next week (February 3) and are looking for an evening activity in the area and we dont mind driving a bit (millersburg, wooster, orrville) Anyone know of anything going on on the 3rd?

thanks

3 replies to this topic
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evening activities

wow- good question. We've been in the summer and found everything closed down in the evenings. Ended up playing cards in the hotel room :) We were staying in Millersburg. There wasn't even a restaurant open after 8. Hope someone can give a little help. Amish country is not known for it's "night life" I fear.

Mansfield is about 45 minutes from Millersburg. You can find things to do there. Not sure how far you want to drive, tho.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evening activities

I'm certain there are movie theaters in the area. If you want performing arts or sports, perhaps check for events at the College of Wooster or Malone University in Canton.

If you wanted to drive as far as Akron, you likely could find something at the University of Akron, especially at the excellent E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, which features "The Color Purple" on Feb. 3, not a bad play. Kent State University also is a possibility. Both universities are members of the MAC athletic conference.

http://www.ejthomashall.com/site/home.php

Level Contributor
145 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evening activities

Finally! Something to do after 5pm! Can't wait till they open on May 24th! I always said someone could make alot of money if they had something like this in the area. Check it out at the website.

http://www.amishcountrytheater.com/

Reply to: evening activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted