We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stop

Tannum Sands...
Level Contributor
124 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight stop

Looking for a nice spot to break the return trip on our way back to Adelaide from the Flinders Ranges.

Looking at a 2 night stop in Burra on the way up, 4 nights in the Flinders Ranges and need a night somewhere on the way back.

Was looking at Port Germein, Wallaroo/Moonta or???.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
7,349 posts
1,828 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight stop

Clare Valley

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight stop

Port Hughes great tourist park with cabins a tavern just down the road with great food and a very hearty breakfast at the cafe/kiosk next to the tavern

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,643 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight stop

I too would opt for the Clare Valley. Not a big fan of northern Yorke Peninsula - especially in winter.

Tannum Sands...
Level Contributor
124 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight stop

Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking of driving to through the Clare region on the the way to Burra, but may be it needs longer on the way home.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight stop

What are you looking for? a Hotel? Motel? An outback station stay? if the latter then consider going via Almerta almertastation.com.au for an authentic outback stay. It's closer to the Flinders than Adelaide but possibly worth it depending if you're travelling with kids or anyone who likes to get off the beaten track.

Alternatively you can return via Clare an stay there .. if so .. make sure to drop into SEED restaurant as I had a great meal there the other day. There are plenty of accommodation options in and around Clare.

Reply to: Overnight stop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flinders Ranges...
More Flinders Ranges National Park Topics