We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in april

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
weather in april

Hello,

was thinking of travelling to the flinders ranges in mid april - what is the weather like? Is it still hot?

3 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
7,349 posts
1,828 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in april

I went around the 20th April one year and it was sunny, warm but not unbearably hot. 26-28 degrees sort of highs.

Looking at the averages, this wasn't unusual. In fact it looks a little warmer than the averages for April.

We managed a 9hr all day hike in that, got the uphill out of the way in the early morning cool, took plenty of water and sun protection and had a great time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,644 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in april

Yes weather is usually great but just make sure to avoid Easter as it will be hellishly busy.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in april

We went in October this year and were advised that the weather then was very much like April (with the exception of spring flowers blooming, of course). Very pleasant for long hikes - not too hot. Best part of April travel, I'm told, is that the flies will not plague you like they can do in summer! Here's a post I published for more details: http://bit.ly/1OuwnBe

Glad to answer any questions you might have.

Paula.

Reply to: weather in april
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flinders Ranges...
More Flinders Ranges National Park Topics