We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Mission Beach

Which Mission Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Mission Beach

Hi All.

Would really appreciate your advice.

We are spending a week around Queensland. We are booked into a resort up near Port Douglas for 5 nights but i wanted to do a small bit of travelling so i persuated new husband to be that we should go south for 2 days. We'll be over there in Mid november.

So my question. I picked mission beach as it is only a couple of hours from Cairns (flying into Cairns and picking up rental car).

It also has the sky-diving which i was going to book as a surprise.

We were recommended to stay in Castaways. But i was hoping to stay away from the typical resort hotel for the two days but i'm really unsure about standards in Aus so wondering should i play it ssafe and go for Castaways since we have recommendation.

Don't need luxury but want clean and friendly. Also even though we have car, we like to be able to walk out for dinner / drinks in the eevening. Would also like to be near to beach to go for walks.

Is there anything else in the area that we should see while down here. Think the sky dive can be done in a morning so should have the rest of the day. Can also stop on way down and up from Cairns.

Alternatively, shoudl be go somewhere else south of cairns instead of mission beach and just drive to MB for the skydive?

Sorry, a few questions burried in there but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Mission Beach

Hi Georgie,

I would like to suggest you view the website for Mission Beach Holidays. They have arrest selection of self contained holiday homes and apartments. I am sure the girls will assist with suggestions for your stay.

Website address is www.missionbeachholidays.com.au

Have great stay.

Bye

Vicki

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Mission Beach

I doubt that you will get a holiday home for 2 nights, although as you will be there off peak, you may be OK. Given that you will be there in November and only for 2 nights, I would suggest that you stay with Castaways. It is not really a resort. It is quite small, probably only 20 rooms, is on the beach, has a pool, is beside the stinger net (important in November, and even in the net you should wear a stinger suit). It has a restaurant and is within a 5 minute walk to the village with a handful of casual bar and dining options. The Skydive lands on the beach in front of Castaways. For some thing maybe a bit different, you could try the Blokarts operating from beside Castaways.

With a car, you should drive to Lacey Creek (about 10 mins drive) for a good walk through the rainforest and a good chance of coming across a Cassowary in the wild.

Edited: 5:35 pm, October 16, 2012
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Mission Beach

#1 joins yesterday and promotes a web site.

says she is from melbourne but her screen name is the mission beach post code

LOL

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Mission Beach

How observant lien, and guess who owns Mission Beach Holidays? None other than Vicki Wiltshire.

www.missionbeachrealestate.com.au/about

Here's an alternative holiday accommodation site.

www.missionbeachaccom.com/location.html

Edited: 7:29 pm, October 16, 2012
5. Re: 2 nights in Mission Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, May 10, 2017