We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

Coffs Harbour
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

Having stayed some years ago on Magnetic, I appreciate its lovely undeveloped style, yet would like to book something a little more comfortable and a bit newer than the accommodation I remember was offered.

We prefer to be in the Alma Bay area but would welcome all suggestions. We would like a self contained apartment or house. Horseshoe Bay was not developed when I was there last, but my memories of Alma Bay are just what I have in mind for a warm break..

Thanks for any help.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
652 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

Has it been a long time since you've been to Magnetic Island? There is heaps to do at Horseshoe Bay now ie. watersports, fishing trips leave from there, etc.

I've found these accommodations at Alma Bay.....

www.magnetic-island.com.au/alma-den.htm

www.magnetic-island.com.au/alma-bch-hse.htm

And this one at Horseshoe Bay which looks nice too....

http://www.sailsonhorseshoe.com.au/

By the way....Alma Bay is my favourite.

Sydney
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

Hi

I think magnetic island is a great lesser known destination for a winter escape. I've been there twice recently.

You're in for a surprise when you get the ferry over, as there has been much develpment around the wharf area, however the rest of the island is pretty much unchanged.

I hire i mini moke when im there so transport is no trouble. tho the island bus service and taxi's are good. Coming from Sydney i enjoy this sort of driving and had the option to drive to any beach / restaurant that was suited that day.

I stayed in a holiday house which i much prefered over motel style rooms available on the island...for not much more.

Check out accomodation options on www.magvac.com.au. I stayed in Magnetic Sand House. The photos don't do the delightful interior style justice. A very nice option, but im sure there should be some accomodation listings for Alma Bay

Have a great stay.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

We are going to Magnetic Island later this month (July 2007) and were wondering if there were any apartments / houses for rent that had a hot tub or a spa to relax in? It seems lots of places have pools, but not many with hot tubs. It's for 4 adults. Looking for someplace upmarket. Please advise.

Thanks!

Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

Raileigh'8 may be too late for you but this is available Aug 07....... it looks pretty swank but!

www.peppers.com.au/Blue-On-Blue

I'd bee keen to hear anyone's thoughts

Cheers ThemMonkeys :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

Try the Mantra. Looks pretty swanky to me. stellaresorts.com.au/accommodation/…

6. Re: Upmarket accommodation on Magnetic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Magnetic Island