We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which river cruise?

Midwest
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Which river cruise?

Is there a preference between Cooper Creek cruise (only Cape Trib Wilderness Cruises) and Daintree River cruises (several operators) in terms of croc spotting and mangrove views?

Does anyone have a favorite outfit for this and any advantage to longer than 1 hour cruise?

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which river cruise?

We've done the Cooper Creek cruise and loved it! Cooper Creek is certainly narrower than the Daintree River and you cruise fairly slowly right up into the mangroves. We saw three absolutely huge crocs so that made it very worthwhile. There's also lots of birdlife living in the mangroves and it was a generally interesting overview of the area as well as learning about crocs.

Midwest
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which river cruise?

Thanks so much.

I was leaning toward Cooper and you've tipped me.

Since they only have a 1130 AM cruise in late December, will work my trip to other spots in Cape Trib around that.

Any recommendation of a beach on the Cape: Coconut, Cape Trib, Thornton, Cow Bay?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which river cruise?

Cape Tribulation beach is lovely and long. Good for strolling along and very picturesque. We stayed at Coconut beach (at what is now called Cape Tribulation Resort & Spa) a few years back - nice - and Thornton beach is pretty too. There's a cafe there that overlooks the water. I haven't been to Cow Bay.

Cape Trib beach would definitely be my pick.

4. Re: Which river cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 02, 2010