We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time from Mossman Gorge to Cape Trib?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Driving time from Mossman Gorge to Cape Trib?

My wife and I will be staying at Silky Oaks Lodge in November and want to go snorkling with Ocean Safaris in Cape Tribulation. We would need to be in Cape Trib by 8:15 am. Does anyone know how long it will take us to drive from Silky Oaks to Ocean Safaris?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time from Mossman Gorge to Cape Trib?

1.5 hours will allow a casual drive up without stressing about making the boat on time. As a driver familiar with the road I would do the run in less but the road is very slow and winding above the Daintree River ferry and at that hour of the day you may encounter a Cassowary in your travels. So low speeds are a must !!

Mossamn ~ Ferry: 20 minutes

Ferry: less then 15 minutes

Ferry ~ Cape Trib: 50 minutes

These times are travelling at the speed limit without stops for lookouts or wildlife. Give yourself a little more time if you want to cruise along and enjoy the views

Edited: 7:07 pm, May 07, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time from Mossman Gorge to Cape Trib?

Very helpful info! Thank you. We will be looking out for those Cassowary's!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,150 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time from Mossman Gorge to Cape Trib?

Great advice Phatt_Tony, to take time on the road. We have been pushed off the road by cars twice who were in a rush to get up to cape trib , and took corners too wide etc. So silly ! Those who know the road , are aware that there are no verges, so going off the road is not a pleasant option. Lucky my partner is always cautious when he drives up there.

4. Re: Driving time from Mossman Gorge to Cape Trib?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 10, 2014