We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daintree Heritage Lodge - Warning

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Daintree Heritage Lodge - Warning

I feel compelled to post this warning to anyone who may have a future booking for the Daintree Heritage Lodge. The Lodge went into receivership and closed down about three months ago although their website is still up and running as normal.

Guests who checked into our accommodation at Daintree Valley Haven this morning are most distressed. They are a young couple on honeymoon and had booked - and paid in full - for two nights at the Heritage Lodge before coming to us and again for a further three nights at the end of their honeymoon.

They arrived at the Lodge at dusk two nights ago to find out for the first time that it no longer exists! They fortunately found other accommodation and will now have to find another place at the end of their honeymoon. But whether they will get their money back seems doubtful.

We feel so very sorry for this young couple and can only wonder how many other people have had their holiday ruined.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,160 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daintree Heritage Lodge - Warning

Sunbird,

while I think this post is invaluable...it maybe more useful to have one titled is closed.....

Might sound a bit odd but it is useful; info to all travellers...

i always send and email a few days beofre we get somewhere just to check they have our booking.

I always look forward the confirmation emails that are sent as a courtesy 7 days prior by a place themsleves.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,322 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daintree Heritage Lodge - Warning

<<,i always send and email a few days beofre we get somewhere just to check they have our booking.>>

Yes GW -absolutely we always do the same. And when I have made bookings for clients I also send a letter a couple of weeks before to confirm as well.

Nevertheless what a horrible experience for the young honeymooners.

Edited: 3:47 am, June 14, 2010
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daintree Heritage Lodge - Warning

the web site is 'down' today.

but yes, a distressing time for the young couple.

there was this warning back in march on a ta review about it being closed

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g499639-d2…

4. Re: Daintree Heritage Lodge - Warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cape Tribulation