We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Stowe's Main Entrance From Bus Stop in Buckingham

Which Buckingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
na
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Stowe's Main Entrance From Bus Stop in Buckingham

Buckingham Folks or those who have walked from Buckingham bus stop to Stowe Gardens, please help.

I am planning a trip in Feb 2013 to Stowe, yes I know its still winter but I am keen to go. I plan to take a bus to Buckingham & walk. No taxis as its too expensive for me as a solo traveler. And no I do not know how to drive either. So its public transport & walking for me.

I looked at Google satellite maps & took the virtual walk thru the wooded pathway between trees to the Arch at the top of Stowe Avenue. I turned right on the virtual google map & found no main entrance. I turned left on the map again & found entry for construction vehicles only as Google map instructed on 2 left turns which amounted to no main entrance.

I am very baffled, where is the main entrance if you walk there? As the Arch area at the top of Stowe Avenue is all fenced up. Someone, please help.

2 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,840 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Stowe's Main Entrance From Bus Stop in Buckingham

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stowe/

call them

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,465 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Stowe's Main Entrance From Bus Stop in Buckingham

Or email them - there's an email address on the above link. But at a guess the easiest and quickest way is walking.

Reply to: Where is Stowe's Main Entrance From Bus Stop in Buckingham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buckingham