We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

Hi, i am booked for september to CRT and would like to get hubby (his 40th bday) some sort of fishing trip, can anyone tell me if this is something they have done or any tips/recommendations...costs!!? also someone gave price for cigs in the shop there, does anyone know what it is in sterling? Oh yeah and how many pesos should i be taking for tips and bits? x

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

thanks sooo much for your help and pleased i havent offended anyone, i never meant to lol!! i will delete the thread if i can figure out how, i did attempt that yesterday!! x

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

May I suggest that you don't delete? I read it one minute after you posted it and from the title I knew fags had a different meaning but, had to check your post to see what it was. I think you will get more answers if you leave it as is.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

ok thank you, just didnt want to get into trouble!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

I think it's clear from your response to my post that you didn't mean any offence and given that no-one seems put out by it, I wouldn't bother deleting this thread.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

Funny though how we had to have a peak to find out what the header was all about but laughed when we saw it was a Brit from the UK looking for the low down on smokes !!!

We tip 20 to 50 pesos each day on the pillow and in the bar fridge. 20 to 50 pesos each meal and each round of drinks from the bars and waiters, trolley rides, extra efforts, etc. We keep 20 and 50 peso notes flowing for most things and try to tip service workers equal to as we would at home.

My wife loads up on her smokes/cigs/fags at the airport duty free before heading to Mex and I'll buy a pack of cheap cigars on the resort maybe.

I have not fished in years as I was sick of snags stealing my lures and feeling I was tossing my money into a hole in the water. But, I now throw my money into the bush in the way of lost, hooked & sliced golf balls!

Edited: 1:09 pm, May 26, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

AlKa,

Now you are going to get in trouble for saying bush. (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

D66, I know I know the political correct police are all over the place....

Al

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

HAHAHAHAHAA!!! I had to click on this post- haven't heard that word in a long time! Had no idea it was cigs. Thought you honestly meant gay people.

19. Re: Fishing...fags and tipping!!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations