We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Categories at CRT

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
57 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Room Categories at CRT

I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but I'd appreciate the most recent information re the different categories of rooms at CRT.

I'm primarily looking for differences between the Superior (lowest priced) and Deluxe (mid-priced) rooms as far as amenities, building location, etc.

Does either of these categories guarantee a king size bed?

Thanks in advance.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
147 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Categories at CRT

The upgraded rooms are the same size as the Superior rooms, but have nicer linens, rain shower(usually no tub) flat sreen TV and electronic safe. They are in Bldg 5 and 6--nearest the beach. Some standard rooms also have flat screen and electronic safe. The standard rooms I have been in have a traditional tub and shower. I believe most rooms now have a king. In three trips, always had a king. The suites are bigger and are the end rooms of every floor in every bldg. The suites are rooms ending in xx01 and xx09. There are 2 per floor, three floors per bldg or a total of 36 suites.

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Categories at CRT

Some added comments ...

Most of the rooms now have the rain shower, 2 piece, shower head. There are VERY few rooms that have a bathtub -- maybe only 2 or 3 in the whole resort. If you send in an advance room request e-mail, it would be good to, specify the building and floor you want and king or double bed. They will try to honor your request.

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Categories at CRT

So if most of the rooms now have the rain shower (including standard rooms, correct?) then what is the true difference between the standard and upgraded rooms?

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Categories at CRT

The only real difference between the rooms is upgraded linens, a flat screen TV for sure, a digital safe for sure, and closer to the beach/ pool But all the rooms are the same size except for the suites they are a bit bigger. But you really are not in your room that much and the resort is so compact that being in any of the rooms it is only about a 6-7 min walk from the lobby to the pool.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room Categories at CRT

We were in a standard room first week of April. We had a king, electronic safe and flat screen TV. Sorry - can't comment on the linens as it would never cross my mind if they were good or not.....they are just sheets to me.

Colchester, VT
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room Categories at CRT

I know this forum is a little old, but we just booked our trip to CRT for next May! I was researching the room differences since we reserved the superior room. We are hoping ours has the flat screen tv, king bed that is advertised. A rain shower would be ideal too. When would you say is a good time to send an advanced email for room requests to reservations for travel in May? I don't want to do it too early or too late. We also want a nice view of the jungle life from the middle buildings, which floor should I put in a request for? Thanks!

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room Categories at CRT

I normally send in our building & room request e-mail 2 weeks prior to our arrival. In return I get a standard reply that basically says "we'll try". :-) Ground and first floor have complete, very private, jungle views from the balcony -- with the exception of some of the rooms close to the foyer/entry walkway to the building. Top floor (they call it second floor) looks over the top of the jungle canopy and you can see the building on the other side. Just be sure you say "ground floor" if you want that ... and "first floor" if you want the next one above ground floor. Confusing, eh ?

Colchester, VT
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room Categories at CRT

Thanks Bob! You have been very helpful through all the forums I have been posting questions in and reading.The floors do confuse me but it's just in European terms I think. I will ask for the 1st floor then. Cannot wait for our trip!

Coeburn, Virginia
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Room Categories at CRT

Almost all of the rooms are updated now. I had the lowest priced room - a superior room - and it had a flat screen TV, updated linens, and not an actual bathtub - it was a nice, full shower although not a rain shower head. There was also an electronic safe. I was in building 3.

The only difference in the deluxe rooms and superior rooms is that in the deluxe rooms, there is a hammock on your terrace (superior rooms only have plastic lawn chairs), deluxe rooms are in buildings 5 & 6 closest to the beach (buildings 1-4 have superior rooms), and you get a rain shower head in the deluxe rooms but not the superior rooms.

Edited: 9:53 pm, August 14, 2013
10. Re: Room Categories at CRT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 16, 2014