We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colored wristbands

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
colored wristbands

Is it true that you get a colored wristband indicating what country you are from? The last time I was there it determined if you were a repeat guest or if you paid more for the upgrades.

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: colored wristbands

Yes, there are color coded wrist bands now. They indicate your native language for the most part. The colors were changing around and I've seen several conflicting posts as to what color indicates which native language. And, I think repeat guests might get a "special" colored wrist band. So ... stop at the desk and ask for the current scheme.

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: colored wristbands

In Feb, the clear/translucent was for Americans, and possibly other English speaking folks, red was Canadians/French speaking, yellow was Germans, Blue was Italians. Can't remember if there were green ones or not... We got bright orange ones as repeat visitors. This gave us access to the wet areas of the spa We also got a 25min massage for the two of us. Other spa services were extra.

We brought some friends with us this time. First visit for them, so they got the clear bracelets, but we both had rooms in bldg 6 w/o any upgrade fees.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: colored wristbands

Just came back Monday night. We were given a free upgrade to a suite. First time to CRT but 6th time to a Catalonia. I had told them of that in an email. We had a red band. People we met from Ontario, and first timers to a Cat had clear bands. They had a standard room. Whatever they mean, the workers in Playa del Carmen, sure know they mean you are from a Catalonia...lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: colored wristbands

Dear Kitley:

What do you mean when you say that workers in Playa del Carmen know what the wrist bands mean. Last ime I checked the CRT is in Xpuha, not PDC. I am travelling for the second time this year to this resort from Toronto in May, to revisit it and to meet up with Carolyn's groups, if I survive red light/green light, lol.

As a "repeater", no idea what "bracelet" will be bestowed upon me. Just hope I am put in Bldg 6 or 5. I hate noise, and am sensitive to smoke.

Sounds like you had a great time!

Edited: 7:21 pm, March 14, 2013
San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: colored wristbands

Sania

What happens is the workers in Playa (like the ones who try to drag you in to stores to see their things) They look at your bands and will say something like Oh Hi do you remember me from the CRT I saw you when I was working there last night or something shady like so come on in and see if you can buy from me. Happens all the time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: colored wristbands

Hi Carolyn:

Thanks for yet another tip, although I am not a big shopper, more interested in snorkeling at Akumal, going to Azule cenote and visiting the school you mentioned in an earlier e-mail. PDC not on a list of must-does, especially since my trip is only for one week.

My previous 3 years AI trips were to a resort in Jamaica, a small resort without a wrist band policy, but that was then and this is now. Less than 2 months and counting to XPuHa!

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: colored wristbands

Hey Skycat ! A 7 day stay will fly by before you know it ! The effects of "sand gravity" will have you in its grip and Einstein's time dilation theory will once again be proven factual. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bob

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: colored wristbands

We have been to Playa before, and it is not our thing. This year I was finally able to convince Hubby that we could manage to take the collective. He thought we should first take it into Playa, as when we got off, we would know where we were. It also is the last stop. Plus we were hoping to meet up with a friend of his there...though we missed him. Then we were going to go to Akumel by bus...which we nerer got around to...lol.

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: colored wristbands

It has been awhile but ours were gold which meant honeymoon package.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: colored wristbands

Sage advice AnotherBob!

"Sand Gravity" as far as beach, whether salt, or freshwater, always has me in it's grip! As for Einsteins time dilation theory, I will see if that comes to fruition once I land in Cancun on May 8. Sounds like it's a fun group that I look forward to meeting!

As for the green light/ red light stuff, my philosophy is follow your earlier advice of, what,......? me worry?...

And, "illegitimum non carborundum", (courtesy of my alma mater)