We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking the beach?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mn
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Walking the beach?

I know it's been talked about numerous times however I need a little more info! Looks like if walking to the north you run into rocks and I was wondering if there is anyway through there to make it over to Barcelo? We have friends staying there and it would not be very far to go for a visit...looks impassible though. Have stayed at Barcelo and I remember that being the end of the line for our walks. Any way through? Also looks like south you run into more rocks. Can you keep going or is it not at all walkable? I realize it will not be sugar sand...but could you do it? BTW we are staying at CRT.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
649 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking the beach?

You can NOT walk North past the rocks. There is a security guard in the woods/broken down palapas that will stop you. Sometimes he has some very large dogs with him. Going South if you have shoes you can go around the point. How far you can walk I don't know. They might stop you at Hidden Beach Resort.

Polloman

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking the beach?

You can make it all the way to Hidden Beach, it's a rocky walk though. You'll also find every kind of plastic container known to man on the shore. And, you know how when you're driving, you'll see one shoe on side of the road - well, the other half of the pair is here...

Mn
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking the beach?

So why would they stop you at hidden beach? Thought all beaches were public? That is one of our favorite things to do.... Take off and just walk the beaches! We go for miles at a time hence wondering if we can just keep going. Anyone else done or tried going farther?

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking the beach?

Look on google earth and you will be able to see what's there if you go further south. Next ti hidden beach is eldorado seaside, then gran palladium, and grand sirenis. It's about 1.3 miles to hidden beach, another mile to gran palladium, but not sure how much rocky area there is to negotiate.

5. Re: Walking the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 05, 2014