We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

I suppose it depends on the airport transfer company you use but approximatly how long does it take to transport from the airport to CRT? And does the driver make pit stops for drinks/bathroom breaks?

Also - how close is the closest golf course to CRT? and approximately the fees, etc for a round of golf?

Thanks so much!!

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

I'll take a shot at answering some of your questions ...

If you use a private transfer company ( such as USA Transfers), it will take between 55 minutes and maybe 75 minutes from the time you leave the airport until you arrive at CRT. Traffic conditions and possible road construction is the main controlling factor. Now, if you add in a stop for drinks and bathroom, it will obviously take longer. We use USA Transfers exclusively and the driver will stop at a 7-11 for drinks if you want. Second scenario is if you use one of the 'multi stop bus' transfer companies. The time to get to CRT will be all over the place depending on how many other stops the bus makes before getting you to CRT. We've heard of it taking anywhere from 1 hour to over 2 hours.

As for golf, I think the closest course to CRT is in Puerto Aventuras. I can't answer you as to the fees they charge. I'm sure the Guest Services staff (concierge) at CRT can handle that for you, however.. Puerto Aventuras is less than a 15 minute ride to the North of CRT. I have seen the course but never had the urge to play golf in the Roo. I understand there is another golf course in the Tulum area, possibly part of one of the mega resorts in that area. Tulum is a bit farther away (to the South) from CRT than P.A. Again, the Guest Services (concierge) at CRT would be my recommended go-to source for current info. You can e-mail them using the address in the "Top Questions" resource at the top right of this forum. As of October, Roberto was the Guest Services person we talked with several times.

I hope this helps !

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,366 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

This is what I could find for pricing. Not sure how current the prices are but will give you some idea.

" PUERTO AVENTURAS - CANCUN-CHETUMAL HWY KM 90 "

Green Fes $ 89.00(Unlimited Holes)/ Twilight Rates $69.00 (Unlimited holes) "

Cheers

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

I wonder if you could use the course at the Bahia?? Not sure what the cost is but it is only 5 minutes away.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

Although we had transfers included in our package to CRT we opted for private transfer with USA Transfer and it was excellent. For 4-6 of us it was $75 US or CA plus tip. We did not stop and was there in less than an hour from departure, in a large Toyota Van. We estimate we beat the packaged shuttle by an hour (and I told them we would not be using their service)

The return was with the package shuttle, in a large bus and we made stops at the Barcelo, the RIU x 2, and I think another. Plus there were folks on the bus we we got on. We were scheduled to depart CRT at 10:15 and arrived at the airport at noon.However did not mind the return time, since no hurry to get home.

5. Re: CRT - Wondering about golf and Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 16, 2013