We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRT rooms

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
CRT rooms

we may be booking this resort and trying to decide whether to book the Superior, Deluxe or Junior Suite. We will be staying for 2 weeks in May 2013. We always email and request the top floor..thanks for the help.

New York
Level Contributor
320 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: CRT rooms

We are here now in a Jr. suite on the 3rd floor of building 5. The JS gives you more room, a more spacious balcony and more Comfy furniture on the balcony. The regular rooms have the dreaded (for me) plastic stack chairs, the JS has woven wicker bistro set. and I'll tell you a secret.... We have move the wicker arm chair and love seat out from the room to the covered balcony. Extra comfy eating! Although we do spend all day outdoors, when we get "home" in the late afternoon, we love relaxing/reading/sipping a glass of wine on the balcony. This was a deal breaker for us...Ives come again, and we will,it will be to a JS.

Kyle, Texas
Level Contributor
96 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: CRT rooms

This resort was a Palace until last year. Beautiful jungle setting. One suggestion on rooms. I think it's 209 &210 which overlook a cenote. Very cool. That group is also right at the deer park. If you want beach, go to the beach and turn left. About 1 mile of beach which isn't the resort's but is useable. This is a great eco-resort.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
649 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: CRT rooms

jbrecher, I think you have CRT and the old Xpu-ha palace mixed up. The palace is now the Bel Air Xpu-Ha. Also you can not walk from Xpu-Ha beach around the point towards the Bel Air. There are guards who will stop you.

PolloMan

Kyle, Texas
Level Contributor
96 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: CRT rooms

Oops, I thought they were talking about the Bel Air. The guards only stop you if you want to go to the old destroyed area of Palace. They weren't there at all last time we went to reduced size XPU-HA Palace.

Edited: 12:49 pm, November 20, 2012
Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: CRT rooms

Thanks for the room info northforker. We too have moved furniture out to the balcony. We do the same when we come "home". We love our balcony time. I think we are choosing between CRT and the new Riu Palace Bavaro in Punta Cana. Hope to do the booking in the new year. Thanks for the info and any other tidbits you can give. We have never been to Mexico. Pics of the room would really be great!! lol

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: CRT rooms

We had the mesh chairs on the balcony of our standard room last Feb, so some of the rooms have the newer patio chairs. Oddly enough, it was the first time in 4 visits that we had the old style shower head.

New York
Level Contributor
320 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: CRT rooms

Dets, I can't comment on Punta Cana personally (having never been) but as a couple that frequently vacations in Mexico (resorts in Cancun, Isla Murjures, Cozumel) and can tell you that the mexican people are lovely and we have always felt perfectly safe in this area of Mexico. This trip (our first to CRT) was just fabulous. Romanitc setting, perfect beach, out of this world snorkeling at nearby Akumal (from the beach at CRT was good too) and very well maintained surroundings and rooms.

18. Re: CRT rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations