We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure ATx and Power Sockets!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Departure ATx and Power Sockets!

Going to be in CRT in two weeks, yeah baby!

2 Qs -

Coming from the UK - do I need an adaptor to plug into the sockets?

On the departure tax, how much is it these days and what currency do I pay it in? (I am flying to Mex City for a few days and then back to Cancun for the flight home - I wont need to pay it twice will I?)

Thankyou

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure ATx and Power Sockets!

Mexican sockets are basically the same as U.S. sockets (so 2 flat pins). Voltage is the same as U.S. So, yes, you definitely need an adapter travel plug and electrical appliances such as hairdryers won't work on Mexican voltage, Shavers, laptops, chargers will all work fine.

The departure tax is around 800 pesos or 45 pounds payable in cash only. (Dollars are sometimes accepted but not always.) This cost is already included in your airfare if traveling BA or Virgin. You pay it when departing Mexico so not on your internal flight.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure ATx and Power Sockets!

Perfect thx...

3. Re: Departure ATx and Power Sockets!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 14, 2013