We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter at CMT

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Easter at CMT

Has anyone been at CMT during Easter? Do they do anything special? Is there a church mass? Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter at CMT

We e-mailed them about that but didnt get a response. Usually the resorts down in this area do not offer a mass, but in the past we have grabbed a cab and gone to Puerto Adventuras which is about a 5-10 minute ride from the resort. There is an open air church that has a mass at 7:00pm. There is also a catholic church in Playa Del Carmen, but I think they all hold the mass in the evening which is different than what we're use to . Hope this helps.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter at CMT

Here is more info from CMT.

Further we would like to inform you that we do not offer an easter mass at our hotel.

And so far we couldn´t get in touch with the outdoor church in Puerto Aventuras, but we

will keep trying it.

The catholic church of Playa del Carmen does have the following masses: 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter at CMT

Chigal, thank you for the information. I am a little surprised as Easter is a Big holiday in Mexico. I hope they at least have some special events, games for the kids. Oh well.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter at CMT

They wont, Ive never seen as much as an easter bunny decoration or anything. When the kids were younger I would carry the easter candy in my carry on and then put it out on easter morning for them. Suppossidly its different in the yucatan because the mass is never crowded. Anyway, see you at the cmt. How old are you kids?? Mine are teenagers.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter at CMT

Chigal, 4,6,8,9 years. Thank you.