We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

Is there shopping close by without going in to Playa? Just wondering if there are any little shops or an open air market by Xpuha or surrounding areas. Thanks,

Winnipeg Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

We were just at club Maeva. We went into Puerto Aventerous. There is alot of shops and in the middle of the condos there is the dolphin discovery. My mother also walked out onto the highway from our resort and there was a small mall(?) of some stores. They had Hammocks, plates, vases, blankets ect. We did not go into playa del carmen for any shopping. Only diving.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

Thank you for asking this question, because I have had the same question! And thanks for the info diveboy! We'll be at Club Maeva and are looking for any shopping suggestions, too, without going to PDC.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

Hey Latuller-

When are you going to CMT and where in Minnesota do you live? We are from the Minneapolis area and will be there April 8 - 15.

Kim

s.e. minnesota
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

just returned from cmt and spent a day in akumal. some shops and open air market. 8 miles south of resort.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

i have done some searching oneline and found a few shops in puerto aventuras but a lot more AND an artist co-op in Akumal - there is some festival in akumal on feb 22/23

i am staying at the copa and wonder how much a taxi -= do know about collectivos - would be from copa to akumal

thanks

or - does copa have a shopping trip to akumal

also want to try turtle bay cafe

2 more weeks = and it has been snowing for 2 days now

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

If you walk down the beach from Maeva there are a few open huts with suveniers (sp).

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping anywhere by Xpuha withing going in to Playa Del...

Cariblover06 there is no shopping trip from copa to anywhere. The cab is about $10 to akumal from copa.

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha