We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
PA
14 posts
Save Topic
Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

Me and my boyfriend are going to COPA from 8/21 to 8/27...just curious who else is going around that time as well...maybe we can all meet up or at least say HI???

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

I have to be honest, I'm getting a little nervous, we're leaving on Sunday for the Copa and after reading more negative reviews I'm beginning to wonder what I"m getting myself into.

I was excited about going until I logged on this morning and read the post from the people that are there.

My only saving grace is that our travel agent said if we are unhappy we can have our Apple rep put us in another resort that is comparable(meaning price wise) to the Copa. I wonder how difficult that is to do?

PA
14 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

wicked_psyched, we are leaving early sunday morning too. try not to worry too much!! the more expectations you have, you will be more picky. it also goes like that in life. just keep in mind, they just went thru a hurricane, things are not going to be perfect. however, life is not perfect anyways. just focus on enjoying the beach, sight seeing (excursions), and relaxing w/ your partner or family...since you don't have to work or no school right?!!! be positive...keep an open mind!!! : ) have a safe trip this sunday morning...same for us too...cannot wait to start packing!!!!!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

Freespirit

Sorry, am not ignoring you. I've only just found your message. I read the report from the person there. It makes me very sad that someone is on holiday and NOT having a good time. My heart does go out to them. And what you said has crossed my mind too.

I've just become so disillusioned with Airtours now. Anything they say to me, I just can't believe. I really feel as though we have been treated so badly by these people. It seems as though they couldn't care less. I entered into a contract with them to provide me and hubby with the holiday that WE chose and i'm getting the opposite of what we booked. The stress and hassle this has caused me has been tremendous. And not to mention the actual cost.

The hotel we are going to is not one i'd have ever chosen for myself. We've just been dumped here because its convenient for Airtours. I'm ranting again. Sorry. I'll deal with this company when I get back. Anyway, will go and have a great time etc. And I hope everyone else going away soon does too.

I think we deserve it.

Croydon, UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

Hi dizzy. I know you've been treated badly by Airtours and find it admirable that, after all the hassle, you've still got the attitude that you will enjoy your holiday come what may. Good for you. I'm trying to keep an open mind about Airtours at the moment as so far I've found them to be helpful and efficient. I was worried before paying the balance for the holiday, having read some of the postings on here (not just yours but other people seem to have had trouble too) and so I phoned them to see what was going on. They said they weren't sending guests to the Copa at that time due to problems caused by the hurricane, but that they would start sending people out again from 15 August onwards. I then emailed the reservations department at the Copa to check if they were being truthful. The reservations manager confirmed that Airtours hadn't been sending guests but were indeed sending people from 15 August. They also confirmed that Airtours had a block booking of rooms for the dates we're supposed to be going. All this sounded fair enough and we decided to go ahead and pay the balance. I don't know why they have decided to move you (again!) and now I suppose it raises the question once again as to whether or not we'll end up staying there. If it's still due to the hurricane damage etc then by November it should all be more or less back to normal. If, however, there are other reasons why they aren't sending people then that's a different story. But the Copa did confirm that they still had a contract with Airtours and had rooms allocated for them.

I really hope you enjoy your holiday and if it's not as good as you hope then I hope you're able to go somewhere really special next year to make up for it. With a different travel company of course!!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Roll call for Copacabana 8/21 to 8/27??

Thanks for that info Freespirit. I read on a few postings that a holiday is what you make it and thats very true. We had a bad time of it last year in Malta but it didn't really matter. I was with my lovely man and in a country I luv and as others have also said, not at work. So, who cares about the annoying things that pop up every now and again?

I think i've been so stressed because this is our honeymoon and hubby's 40th. If it were just a normal holiday, I know I would just shrug my shoulders and not rant about it so much.

So, I need to apply the same logic to this holiday and just go with the flow. No more stressing or moaning. Just an exciting new destination in what sounds like a wonderful country with some nice weather and perfect company. And if things aren't right at the hotel, then we'll deal with it.

As for Airtours, my opinion isn't printable but its a relief to know that they have been looking after some people and doing what they should be doing, helping people have the decent holiday they've paid for. So maybe all isn't lost with them after all.

I'll do the unbiased reports/reviews when we get back and if we get good service from Airtours whilst we are there, I will highlight it. Thanks for your kind words and I hope you have a fab holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha