We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honesty

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
honesty

I wrote the below email to the gen manager of the Copa, let's see if he replies. if he does. I will be happy to share it.

I've been reading your updates regularly, however there seems to be some conflicting information.

In one report you said all rooms are at 100% , then in the most recent report you labeled the rooms at 95%.

Travel agencies are canceling people's holidays/vacations due to the "condition of the Copacabana".

I understand that repairs are being done daily and progress is very good, however we need to know the truth about the condition of the resort.

Thank you in advance for your honest assessment of the condition of the Copacabana Beach Resort.

Please know a lot of people are depending on your honesty to prepare themselves for a fun holiday/vacation. None of us want to be disappointed when we arrive to find that the damage repairs posted on the internet is untrue.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: honesty

AND HERE IS HIS REPLY 7/31/05

Hola.- Hello

First we Thank you for your concern about our Resort.-

After such a heavy Hurricane, yes we had some damages, but we manage to maintain the Resort open as this damages are not in any dangerous for anyone.

Some of the Resorts within the area are close.- At the present, the areas that still under remodelation are.-

Pool Restaurant.- Palapa by the Kids Club.-

All rooms are normal, main Buffet Restaurant normal, the two a la Carte dinner Restaurants are in operation as usual.

Beach and Pool are functioning normally.

Pool and Snacks at the Pool are open as usual.

Afternoon Coffee – Tea – Snack at the main Lobby as normal.

Lobby Bar, Discoteque and Theatre as usual.

Yes we have some workers arround the place as they are painting and finishing the remodelation.

Our occupancy for the past week has been 85 % equals 600 adults plus 105 children

Once again thank you, Best Regards.

Bernardo Rosenthal

Gerente General Manager

brosenthal@hotelcopacabana.com

Copacabana Beach Resort – Riviera Maya

E-mail: riviera_maya@hotelcopacabana.com

Ph.: + 52 (984) 875 1800

Fx.: + 52 (984) 875 1818

LD Nal.: 01800 500 0101

Toll Free: 1866 321 6880

Copacabana Beach Resort – Acapulco

E-mail: acapulco@hotelcopacabana.com

Ph.: + 52 (744) 484 3260

Fx.: + 52 (744) 484 6268

LD Nal.: 01800 710 9888

Toll Free: 1800 562 0197

Coorporate Office, México City.- Ph. +52 5552 083000 / Fx.- + 52 5552 080240

Web: www.hotelcopacabana.com

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honesty

He seems honest about all whats happened to the hotel. But we haven't a hope in hell of staying there if our TO's say its not up to standard. We really want to go. I'm not bothered about there being things that need painting etc. I'd even get a brush and do some to help them!! But our TO's are cancelling peoples holidays to the Copa. We only have three weeks to go. Its all very sad and frustrating.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: honesty

Hi Dizzy, They (the mexican workers) can get quite a bit of work done in three weeks, I am confident that the resort will be back to normal by then. There's nothing anyone can do about the natural landscape - meaning trees that were torn down.

You are paying for your trip, it shouldn't be up to the T/O to decide if you go or not. You are the consumer, you have the final say. Don't let them bully you around anymore than they already have.

We'll be there in three weeks too! HOpe to see you there! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honesty

If youre travel agent cancels rebook with locogringo.com. That is if you are getting your $$ back.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honesty

Thats the problem. They may take a while getting the money back to us, but if not, we will rebook and be at the Copa.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honesty

Good for you have a great time. I cant wait for the girl from Texas to post her review on the copa, I think she gets back on Thursday.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: honesty

I wonder what would happen if you contact the gen. manager of the Copa? I imagine he really wants your business. Maybe you can make lemonade out of lemons here - possibly get a better price??? Worth a try, that's for sure!

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: honesty

If you're booking direct and missing out the tour operator you're going to save money any way. That's what we've just done as our TO cancelled our holiday. The copa's rates are published on their web site.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: honesty

I think that may be the way to go to be honest at this stage. But the TO we've been using have been a real pain and so unhelpful. I need to get our money refunded asap if they refuse to take us. When I rang them yesterday they said all is fine and we will be going to the Copa but then they said that about our holiday at the Azteca!!!

Maybe i'm just getting paranoid again....