We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who to trust

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
who to trust

due to arrive copa 10/8 conflicting reports from t o and booking agent one saying completly shut the other copa 80%ready will be 100% by the time we arrive hope this is true counting the days hours minutes till can kick back on the beach with some cold ones man cant wait see you there

braughing

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: who to trust

Go- enjoy yourself, there's nothing any of us can do at this point. I have a feeling the resort will be up and running alot faster than we all think

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who to trust

I agree with wicked-psyched. Go and enjoy. There may be things that are damaged and some facilities that we can't use but lets just have some fun. I've read some of the other postings that say that its not going to be a five star hotel etc. I wouldn't expect it to be after whats happened. The people at the hotel are working their socks off to get things up and running again. And we all booked trips here because we wanted to have fun in Mexico. I don't want to go anywhere else. This is a trip of a lifetime for us. Lets make it so.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who to trust

By 10/8 it will be fine. You have to remember that the Copa is alot smaller than those other resorts so the repairs wont be as enormous. What Im saying is, although there is alot of damage it is more centralized. Just one pool to work on, less restaurants, bars and rooms. Just hope the beach bounces back. I hope that makes sense.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: who to trust

Yep it makes loads of sense. Never thought about that before. Just gonna go and make the best of it.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who to trust

Oh my gosh, did you guys read the post from Sandra the kids club staff? She describes the destruction to the resort. How sad.