We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copa next week

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston, Ma
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Copa next week

Anyone going to the Copa next week July 24-31? Kind of worried about what the hurricane will do. Anyone just get back from any of the other resorts there? Any damage? Any beach left????

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
521 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copa next week

I've been trying all day to find out whats happened at the Copa but had no luck so far. Will keep trying and let you know.

nj
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Copa next week

im leaving for the copa in the morning...our travel agent says that there open

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
521 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copa next week

Thats good news. I hope everyone is ok. And I hope you have a lovely holiday, no matter what. Let us all know how you get on when you have time.

Best wishes to you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copa next week

Found this picture on Yahoo news. Doesn't show much, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

http://tinyurl.com/9nf67

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copa next week

I am leaving in the morning as well. Hoping for the best.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Copa next week

It is my understanding the the roof of the lobby at the Copacabana is gone.

From AP News "The worst damage on the Yucatan Peninsula was in Puerto Aventuras, where the storm's eye came ashore some 60 miles south of the resort of Cancun and in Tulum, a collection of thatched hut hotels along a secluded strip of beach that is popular with backpackers.

Sitting in the roofless, rain-soaked lobby of the Copacabana Hotel near Puerto Aventuras, Samuel Norrod, of Livingston, Tenn., waited to hear if his travel agent could get flights home for him, his wife and his 13-year-old granddaughter.

They rode out the storm in the hotel's ballroom.

"We could hear the windows smashing out. The wind would get loud, and then it would get soft again. And then, for about 25 minutes, it got real still," Norrod said, describing the calm eye of the hurricane.

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copa next week

Hi we are too. Phonelines down to Copcabana Beach Resort just an automated message. 0052 984 8751800 is number when they are up and working though. News report says roof off and windows out. Flughts all cancelled up to 22nd according to my travel agent - waiting for news after that.

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Copa next week

Hi we are too. Phonelines down to Copcabana Beach Resort just an automated message. 0052 984 8751800 is number when they are up and working though. News report says roof off and windows out. Flughts all cancelled up to 22nd according to my travel agent - waiting for news after that.

san diego, Calif
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Copa next week

MH i will be their saturday with or with an air cooler in the room I figure its still better that work. as long as the drinks are flowing. hope to see you there

san diego, Calif
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Copa next week

in case anyone is interested copa phone lines are now working, just spoke to them.

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations