We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will the copa still be there on 8/1

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
will the copa still be there on 8/1

i booked thru apple vacations. i put in a call to see what would happen if the copa is not open after Emily hits....hope the damage is minor. anyone else going 8/1-8/7?

St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

just found this article on the copa...

…yahoo.com/s/…hurricane_emily

hope they are working fast....im due there 8/1.

St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

…yahoo.com/s/…hurricane_emily

this article is about the copa...no roof in the lobby...hope they have this done soon. we are due 8/1.

Connecticut
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

Momfor2 - we're scheduled to arrive at the Copa Friday. My TA said Apple reported Copa being "fine" but no details. It is good news that it survived!!!

Dallas, TX
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

According to this AP report: Copacabana lobby roof is gone, floor is rainsoaked....Good luck, hope this is wrong.

news.yahoo.com/news…

St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

it is tuff to figure....always conflicting reports on the internet...hope the copa is ready for us 8/1.

Connecticut
13 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

Momfor2:

Are you still going to the Copa tomorrow? I have read elsewhere that it is closed at least until the 21st. We are scheduled for the 22 and don't have insurance; Apple won't tell us what the plans are. My problem is if they have to move us to another resort, we are a group of 22, with 7 rooms and don't want to be split--my extended family with elderly parents!

Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

Found this great, extensive and accurate report about the damage in the WHOLE area. You have to read it. cancun.bz/weather/mayan_riviera_report.htm

St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

this article is very detailed, and very sad if you were going to the copa.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: will the copa still be there on 8/1

Finally got through to our TO today. They are still sending guests to the Copa!! She said if we wanted to change our plans, it would cost us even more money. So we are going to the Copa on 19/08/05. The way we feel at the moment, we'd stay in a hut for the 2 weeks.

I'm going to call the TO again in a weeks time and see if they have anything else to tell us.