We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit Ek' Balam

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
best time to visit Ek' Balam

Hi everyone.

I know that best time is in the morning, before all the tour buses and I was there once and it was great. Now I'm arriving to Valladolid around 2 p.m. and wonder if all the buses are gone by 3 p.m. so I can walk in Ek' Balam free of people. is that a case?

thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to visit Ek' Balam

We were at Ek Balam in the early afternoon in October and there were less than a dozen or so others onsite. It was blazing hot onsite in the afternoon. Want to warn you however that they stop selling tickets at 4 PM, although the site is open until 5. We were there the day before at 4:05 and couldn't convince them to sell us tickets to enter.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to visit Ek' Balam

Ek Balam doesn't really get tour buses...it's Chichen Itza that does.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to visit Ek' Balam

I arrived at Ek Balam at 1130 AM. Left an hour or so later. I do not recall any tour buses.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to visit Ek' Balam

Thanks everyone! we'll be there by 3 pm so everything seems to be fine. although last time we were there we saw couple of buses around 10am

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to visit Ek' Balam

Ek Balam has been added to some tour groups. Last time I was there, I was waiting for a shower to pass in the ticket building and a bus group came in. The place filled up pretty fast.

6. Re: best time to visit Ek' Balam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 17, 2013