We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

I recently saw a traveler's photo of the zocalo at Valladolid and it showed some major street construction around the square. I couldn't find a date on the photo or any current info online. Does anyone know if they are still working on that?

Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,057 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

Old news. Its finished but was a mess for a long time.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

Thanks so much! I love it there and would go anyway, but I wanted to know just in case. I appreciate the help!

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
547 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

we just came from Valladolid. I think you'll be pleased at how beautiful the zocalo looks now.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

That is wonderful! Thanks so much for the information. I can't wait to go back to that wonderful place. I hope you had a lovely vacation!

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
547 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

I did. Each time I go there I seem to enjoy it more. Rented bikes this time and it lead to us finding a hacienda right out of town with a cenote with a rope swing. Highlightn of the trip for the kids!

6. Re: street construction on Valladolid zocalo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 10, 2013