We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with my Itinerary !

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia, US
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help with my Itinerary !

Hello All,

Last minute plan and I will be flying this Friday night from Florida to Cancun and just made a rough plan as follows. Please help me with your expert advice if this is doable / should I skip any place or visit some others / time wise will it work taking local buses and cheap accommodation :

Friday night - Arrive and stay in Cancun

Saturday - half day in Cancun and then around 4 pm bus to Valladoild and spend night in Valladolid

Sunday - MexiGo tour to see Ek Balam , Rio Lagartos and spend night in Valladolid

Monday - Early morning to Chichen Itza and nearby cenotes (please recommend if anywhere around) and return to Cancun taking the evening bus either back from Valladoild

Tuesday - Early morning bus to Tulum

Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday - Stay in Tulum to chill out on the beach and see the ruins , dive in cenotes with half day separate trips to Coba and Akumal (but back to Tulum)

Saturday - Early morning to either Xel Ha or Peurto Morelos or Cozumel and spend night in Cancun (please advice what will be the right choice for snorkeling)

Sunday morning flight to Dallas from Cancun.

Much thanks for taking a look and any help :)

Thanks !

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with my Itinerary !

Pretty good, except I don't get why you are returning to Cancun on Monday just to get up and go to Tulum. You can get to Tulum from Valladolid in about the same time it will take you to go to Cancun.

Otherwise, looks like fun with a lot of relaxation at the end.

Have a great trip!

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with my Itinerary !

Yes, skip dumpy Cancun and go straight to magical Tulum, from Valladolid you should be able to catch a bus directly. It's actually a shorter ride (if one is driving anyway) to Tulum vs to Cancun.

Philadelphia, US
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with my Itinerary !

Awesome ! that will work the best :)

Infact now that I think I might take the Mexigo tour the second day to see CI and Izamal - www.mexigotours.com/go-wonders-english.php - is it worth it ?

And then on return to Valladolid take the bus straight to magical Tulum :)

What the english version of bus ticket/schedule website ... and what hostel would you recommend on staying while in Valladolid.

Thank you folks !

Los angeles
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with my Itinerary !

Perosnally, I don't like to change the place to stay....so what I did was basing in Cancun to visit Chichen Itza & Ek Balam. Ado bus has a tour to Chchen Itza including 3 stops at local cenotes (lunch included). It was great. Izamal was an interesting small town, but I recommend that only if you are planning to stay in Merida or Campeche. Lastly, why not staying a couple of night in Cozumel instead of Tulum?

5. Re: Please help with my Itinerary !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, November 18, 2012