We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

I have seen Hotel Zaci and El Mason del Marquis recocomended often on this forum but have not seen mention of Maria de la Luz Hotel. It looks like a nice hotel in a good location. Is it? Does anyone have more information on this hotel?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

Hi, we didn't actually stay there but we had lunch and it looked like a lovely place. It had a beautiful court yard with a small pool and around it. It is centro accross the street from the main square or plaza. The food was really good!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

I noticed that there are some reviews and pictures on here. Scroll down and to the left it is listed under hotels.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

We viewed one of the rooms there and they were clean but kind of basic, the food was just OK. We preferred Hotel Meson de Marques both for the food and the rooms, but RobertSDF who either lives here or spends a lot of time here says these days the Zaci is better.

If he does not chime in here, maybe send him a PM.

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

Hi - we stayed there in June (my review is here under the hotel listings). Zaci may be better, but they didn't (at the time we were booking) respond to emails, etc., and we wanted a reservation before arrival. Maria gets back to you promptly and accepts reservations in advance. We paid $70 per night for the family suite for 4 adults, which included the buffet breakfast. Rooms are basic, but clean and safe. Location is good - withing walking distance of the church, across the street from a nice park for evening strolls. Staff were friendly, spoke english, and helped us arrange transport to Ek Balam. Wireless internet is available near the lobby area (second floor balcony area over the pool worked for the girls). Nice small pool for an evening dip. Food was good, served promptly, and no one got sick. What else can I tell you?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

Thank you all for the great information! I had read the reviews and am so happy to hear form people who had stayed there or checked the place out.

I do have another question. How much time did you spend in Valladolid and what did you do when you were there?

Thanks again!!

Gemma

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

We got there in the afternoon, swam in the pool, had dinner at their restaurant, then strolled through the park before heading to bed. Next day we went to Ek Balam, then caught the ADO bus back to Playa del Carmen.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

Hi Mainiac,

Thank you for all your help on this trip!

What time did you arrive at Ek Balam and was it crowded? How long did you stay?

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

We got there about 10:00 and it wasn't crowded at all. I did a review of Ek Balam here on TA as well. There were maybe 20-30 other people there. We toured 1 hour but wished we had schedule 2 hours to stay as we didn't get to see everything. The place is fantastic.

There don't seem to be any tourguides around, like at Chichen Itza, but you could ask when you pay entrance, if that interests you. It's very hot there, and nothing for sale to drink, so bring water bottles. Not tons of walking, however.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

It sounds truly amazingy! I will look for your review. Thank you for your help.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Maria de la Luz Hotel in Valladolid

We went there a couple of years ago, Ek Balam is a fantastic site and not usually crowded. We hired a guide there named Francisco, for US$15, he was great and had INAH certification. Have a great trip.