We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for getting to Ek Balam

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Options for getting to Ek Balam

We are going to be spending 2 nights in Valladolid and would like to visit Ek Balam but we will not have a car. Are we better using a taxi or are there collectivos or buses that will take us to the site? Approximate costs of each? Or are we better trying to find a tour? I would like to get there first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for getting to Ek Balam

If you looke down the forum a few threads, you will see one entitled "Taxi or other transport to Sites". You will find the info you are looking for there.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for getting to Ek Balam

I had read that. Is a taxi really the only option?

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for getting to Ek Balam

We've never tried any other, so I can't help you on that question. We negotiated with a taxi driver the night before - the time for pick-up and the cost. 300 pesos included roundtrip and wait time at the ruins. We just went yesterday.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options for getting to Ek Balam

Ok, thanks. 300 pesos is pretty reasonable.

Kamloops
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for getting to Ek Balam

We took a taxi from Valladolid to Ek Balam in February 2005 - paid 250 pesos. On the trip back we found out that our taxi driver (who had waited for us while we toured the site) had never even been inside the site - the 30 peso admission fee was beyond his means. I sure wished we had known at the time - we would happily have paid for our newest amigo to join us!

6. Re: Options for getting to Ek Balam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, October 05, 2009