We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
3 posts
Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

I have a plan to trip mexico this November.

I saw the photo of pink lagoon at google, and searched about that.

Someone said, there is ADO bus going to Tizimin from Valladolid.

And when I arrive T, transfer bus going to Las coloradas.

I search the tour but it is soooo expensive, and I can not drive a car. ;(

At ADO site, there is no bus going to T from V.

If you guys have any information about the way going to pink lagoon,

Please inform me.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,630 posts
159 reviews
1. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

I can't tell you about the connection but it is true no ADO first class bus to Tizimin, so nothing will show on their website. But you will find frequent Oriente buses, which is a second class ADO company. Unfortunatey, second class bus schedules are not on the internet but the buses operate from the ADO terminal and are very frequent.

3 posts
2. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

That sounds great.

Is there any bus from Tizimin to Las coloradas also?

If I fail to go pink lagoon, ride bike to cenote.

Thank you for your response.

1 post
2 reviews
3. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

Hey, did you find anything. I soo want to go to las coloradas. I am in Valladolid and only have tomorrow to do it. Please text if you have any itinerary for it.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
4. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

I am a little confused about what you are asking about, is it the RIA where the pink flamingoes nest and feed or the salt mining operation east of Ria Lagartos on the way to Las Coloradas ? On Google Map they appear to be pink lagoon but a closer look by zooming in shows they are salt evaporation ponds and private property .............

I have driven from Rio Lagartos to El Cuyo 4 times so know the area pretty well........

Hull,
3 posts
5. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

Hey did you manage to get to las colorados from valladolid?

3 posts
6. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

Last week I had success to see pink lagoon.

1. you can take oriente bus at valladolid ADO bus terminal at 8:45 going to tizimin (maybe 9:15 is okay)

2. when you arrive at tizimin, you can find noreste terminal near oriente terminal

3. there is only 2 times going to las coloradas, you can take 10:30 bus if you can take 8:45.

4. when you get las coloradas, you can see pink lagoon on your right side (so it will be good sit right side)

5. the pink lagoon is near the noreste terminal, about 10 minutes walks, with out tour.

6. when you come back, it will be better take colectivo taxi (60 peso each), because noreste bus going to tizimin at 16:00

7. colectivo taxi needs 4 persons, so you should wait for getting persons.

8. if you get pink lagoon on cloudy day, please wait for a moment when sunshine comes.

las coloradas is windy district, you can see more pinky lagoon soon.

My english is not good enough to explain my whole trip to pink lagoon

I hope that helps you.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,630 posts
159 reviews
7. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

It's been interesting to notice the Sudden interest in las coloradas. Give me it might be something of interest to see if you happen to be passing by but certainly not worth a special trip. Not everyone is different and it seems it must be interesting to some.

8. Re: Q: Go to Las coloradas (pink lagoon) from valladolid by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, November 29, 2018