We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towns? Need Advice

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Telchac Puerto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Level Contributor
117 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Towns? Need Advice

Hi, we are looking at renting a house this summer. We just came upon Telchac Puerto and it looks great. We are looking for a small, quiet town, a place where the homes are not on top of each other on the beach, and a beach where it is easy for small children to play in the water. Can you point me in the right direction? Is Telchac the place I want to be or are there other small towns where I need to look? Thank you for your help! Kari

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towns? Need Advice

We've only been there once, but it is definitely a small town, not crowded at all, and the beach is very good for children. The water is usually very calm and you can go out many yards and not be in deep water. Our favorite local restaurant was Los Patios (I think that's the correct spelling.).

You definitely will need a car because you're not within walking distance of most things, depending on exactly where you stay. The Xcambo ruins are very closeby - and you can see the flamingoes in the salt lagoons nearby as well. A drive up to Progresso for some meals on the Malecon is also worthwhile.

We also enjoyed a daytrip to Merida - a really interesting city with some history.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towns? Need Advice

That whole area, from Uaymitun on, is great for what you are looking for. The only problemo I see is that you want to come in the summer time! This is when ALL the houses along the coast are occupied by their Merida owners. July and August are what the locals call 'La Temporada' and it will be crazy busy. Some people do rent their beach houses during that time, but the demand is so high that the prices often are 4 to 5 times what they are the rest of the year.

Hope this helps!

W

telchac puerto...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Towns? Need Advice

Hello,

I rent my home throughout the year in Telchac Puerto.

If you like you can check out my listing on this page:

vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Tel…

Thank you,

Brigette

Casa del Mar

Telchac Puerto
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towns? Need Advice

We still have a number of homes for rent in July and August. Check out http://www.kab-yucatan.com

5. Re: Towns? Need Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 28, 2009