We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus service from Playa del Carmen to Majahual

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Reno, Nevada
1 post
Save Topic
Bus service from Playa del Carmen to Majahual

My husband & I are flying into Cancun and going to Playa del Carmen for a few days (2 days), then heading down to Majahual (6 days). The problem is I cannot find a bus company that goes to Majahual. I've checked the listings on www.ticketbus.com.mx , but cannot find a bus service to Majahual. We would perfer to find a First or Plus class bus service that goes directly to Majahual ,but one or two stops along the way would be fine.. We don't want to rent a car, and I haven't looked to see if there is a ferry service from Playa del Carmen to Majajhual. Actually, I'd be willing to skip Playa and go directly to Majahual from Cancun, if I can find a bus service. Can anyone give me advice and direct me to some websites? Appreciate it!!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,815 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus service from Playa del Carmen to Majahual

I know ADO offers first class service from Cancun--do not know if they make a Playa stop in route. Like many minor destinations, ticketbus.com does not list Mayahual on their website . ADO is the major bus carrier and offer excellent service with reserved seats.

The only feryy service from Playa to any point is the service to Cozumel.

2. Re: Bus service from Playa del Carmen to Majahual

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 24, 2009