We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
447 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

Can anyone tell me if there is free wifi available in the port or anywhere in Mahahual?

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
857 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

Wow, you must really need that internet connection to post the same question on 4 different forums. I have been to each of the ports you will be calling on, but not by ship. Each town will have cafes/bar/restaurants that will have free wi-fi.

You can just walk the beach or road find a place you like and step in. Or if you need to know before you go, use TA and click on the town name on the forum, click on restaurants, view the ones there, you may have to go to their website to find if they have wi-fi.

Bourne...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

I found several open networks walking around the malecon

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
447 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

I ended up using the wi fi connection provided by tropicante while in port. But thank you for the tip on the malecon cape chef! I'm sure that will be beneficial to future visitors that may have the same question.

Yucatan- do I need the connect bad? No. Was just looking for options to avoid paying 75 cents a minute on the ship. Is there another way you would suggest that I post a question that may pertain to multiple locations?

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
857 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

Ludicrous, sorry, never been on a cruise ship, didn't know they charged you for wi fi. Seems greedy since you are a captive audience. Now I understand why you asked.

I don't think TA's road trip forum would be a perfect fit for your question, as technically you're not driving, but there are cruise ship forums out there. (Rather surprised TA doesn't have one).

Hope you found it everywhere you went. In todays travel world, I see wi-fi everywhere we go. With an ipod, it is very easy to find wi-fi networks, and bars/restaurants with secure connections will usually provide you with a password if you are eating or drinking with them.

Hope you had a great trip.

Wasilla, Alaska
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

Most restaurants (but I'm sure there are exceptions) on the malecon have free wi fi and you could probably stop by quick and get a connection but I'd recommend staying and having a beer or eating prices are very reasonable. There is also an internet cafe on the main road next to the soccer field you can't miss if you take a taxi in. Wi fi is quite plentiful you shouldn't have a problem many of the restaurants and bars have signs with WI-FI written on them in front.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

Most restaurants and beach clubs have free WIFI for their customers. There are also a couple of internet cafes. Close to the cruise terminal is a coffee shop called Aroma. If you want to sit on the beach, Big Papa's BBQ, Hotel El Caballo Blanco and Nohoch Kay all have great wifi, great food and great drinks.

7. Re: Wi-Fi- Costa Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 20, 2014