We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Reviews

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Alberta
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Topic
New Reviews

There are a few new reviews for Riviera May and Mayan Beach at the GS. How can they be so different? I just don't get it!!! Are the people posting reviews for Mayan Beach still putting them on at the Riviera Maya? It doesn't make sense otherwise...........I mean they share everything except a bedroom, what's up with that??!!

NB
Level Contributor
219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Reviews

I read them too. I don't know why they can be so different either. As far as I understand they are 2 different wings of rooms that share one large resort. I also don't understand peoples expectations. Someone made reference to a lot of people having tatoos. What does that have to do with the quality of the resort? I have to laugh at some people who report the resort is for low budget travellers...HELLO! Look in the mirror people. Being economically conservative does not make one low class. I hope all the snobs are busy inside the resort complaining while I am on the beach soaking up the sun and sipping my drinks!

Waterloo Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Reviews

I am confused, because the reviews seemed to be mixed up, between the two different areas. Are they saying that Mayan Beach side is bad and the Riveria Mayan side is good or vice versus. After reading as many review as I can, I still cannot figure it out. I think alot of reviewers are not differentiating between the two resorts, which makes it hard to figure out.

Waterloo Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Reviews

I am confused, because the reviews seemed to be mixed up, between the two different areas. Are they saying that Mayan Beach side is bad and the Riveria Mayan side is good or vice versus. After reading as many review as I can, I still cannot figure it out. I think alot of reviewers are not differentiating between the two resorts, which makes it hard to figure out.

London, ON
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Reviews

We just returned from the Mayan Beach side and I have to say it was beautiful . There is still construction at the far end of the Mayan Beach side but we did not hear it at all. It is what you make it, my wife and I agreed that we probably noticed things only because of reading posts on TA.

Don't sweat the little stuff and enjoy! I wish I was still there!

Alberta
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Reviews

I was actually starting to think that all the good reviews were coming from people that have been reading these forums, so they knew prepared themselves and knew what to expect, ( there were people complaining about the hole in the wall, and the distance from the airport, etc.)but that wouldn't work out because a few of the regular posters didn't have good experiences either.

south sk
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Reviews

In all reality, they are the same and should be put under the same heading as all the hotel rooms share the SAME RESORT. The entire resort should just be called the Grand Sirenis. Period!!!. The GSMB is the 2nd "swirl shaped" hotels buildings built (and being built). We stayed in 2 different rooms while we were there for 2 weeks. Both rooms were the very same. Just in different areas, as in different wings. Maybe in the future when the entire resort is finished guests will only be able to use a certain part of the resort, We stayed first in the GSMB then moved to GSMR . They are the one and same!!!

Yukon
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New Reviews

Does anybody else notice irregular syntax for the latest negative reviews about GS Mayan Beach? Its kinda written in choppy english as though it was written in another language first and then translated online...? Sure somebody in a hurry could have made some lazy typos, but then again if you take the time to write a review (good or bad) you're likely to get it mostly right aren't you? Some examples:

"Looks nice grate architecture "

"food is allright but if you want five star food and five star service stay far away from the Grand Sirenis"

"unless you will have opportunity to book restaurant on the resort you out of luck"

"DON’T GO TO FRENCH waist of money"

"wait for ever for your drink's"

"food is relly not the greatest alot of hot dog's and hamburgers all the time"

The list goes on. If I did know any better I would bet these reviews were witten by grumpy ex-employees or other (competing) hotels in the area. Just some food for thought. I'm going in late Feb. with the family and I cannot wait!!! Maybe I see some of you folks there!

Take care.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Reviews

I am glad you pointed it out, I hadn't thought of that angle but couldn't believe the number of spelling and grammar errors..............maybe it was translated. In fact, while was reading htem I scrolled to the top and was surpised to see that the people were all from North America.................

9. Re: New Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:37 pm, February 05, 2007
Western NY, USA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Reviews

I agree, sunworshipper! Funny how the GS will bring the Leafs, Sabres, Habs,and Sens fans together. Just beware of flying elbows at the pool bar...that would be the Flyer fan.