We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Oasis Riviera Maya - Going March 1st

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Topic
Grand Oasis Riviera Maya - Going March 1st

A Few questions for anyone willing to help.

I have read many reviews, but no mention of the pitch and putt.

Any thoughts?

Snorkling off the beach, do you have to rent gear or is it part of the all inclusive?

Do you need water shoes?

Thank you for any help.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya - Going March 1st

The pitch and put is very simple, but quite new. I think 9 holes, around 100 ft per hole. If you have extra room in your suitcase you could bring a putter and one other club, along with a few golf balls. It is not worth it to "rent" the clubs. They also have a small driving range (don't know how it works with the balls, I expect you will bring your own then pick then up later).

It is along the road from the highway to the main part of the resort.

The snorkeling gear is included, but you may be restricted to 1 hr a time.

You can get away without water shoes, but if you want to walk on the rocks along the beach you will want them. We always bring ours, it protects your feet from stuff you cannot see.

Look back in the GORM reports for my report (posted in mid Dec)

This is a place to relax, not a lot of other stuff going on, but a great beach.

2. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya - Going March 1st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 24, 2009