We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the funniest thing that's happened to you in Mexico?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's the funniest thing that's happened to you in Mexico?

I saw this thread for another location and read some really hilarious stories..You got any?

My new hubby and I found an abandoned beach resort (burned down) and spent nearly 4 hours at the beach by ourselves. I'm not normally very comfortable going topless, kind of shy that way, but since we were on a private beach, I threw caution to the wind and took off my suit and frolicked in the water and sunbathed and dodged raindrops - it was unforgettable...

We went to leave (we ran out of tequila lol) and my hubby pointed at the burned building and said he wanted to go investigate. I pleaded with him to forget about it, the beach is public but that is someone's private property, to no avail. He started to near the building, with me trailing behind and still pleading to just leave it alone.

As soon as he got within 30 feet of the building, six gentlemen appeared on one of the burned-out balconies. Scared, I said "Let's just go, they own this place or they're watching the property.." and I looked up and said "Lo siento...lo siento.." and all six gentlemen gave me two thumbs up and in unison said "De nada!"

My hubby cackled all the way back to our resort LOL

Kelowna, BC Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the funniest thing that's happened to you in Mexico?

We were at the Grand Sirenis earlier this month and we were booking our a la carets with the concierge when she began to explain the dress code to us. She said, "For men, long pant and must have sleeve and for ladies, no shirt". You should have seen the wide eyed look on my husbands face and she picked up on it right away too and said, "no, no, I mean to say, no short!" We all burst out laughing! See, language barriers can sometimes be fun!!! We had a wonderful holiday!

Sheri

Mentioned in this post
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Riviera...
15,495 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
2. Re: What's the funniest thing that's happened to you in Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 23, 2009