We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in June?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
373 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Travel in June?

Help!

I've been to the Copa in February, simply stunning..each day was perfect. However, we are booking another trip, this time for June, and now people are scaring me, telling me that this is a bad month to go and it will rain every day.

I think we will be there from June 3rd to the 10th.

Can anyone give some past June experiences?

Thanks!!!

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in June?

SallyLuu, I believe June is the first month of the hurricane season. The likelyhood of having a hurricane during June is unlikely. The rains is Akumal/Tulum area "normally" don't last very long if it rains at all.

I have (for the last several years) been going to Akumal/Tulum in September. Which is the middle of the hurricane season. Only 1 day did it rain and the storm was out in the ocean. Which delayed our scuba diving boat trip by about 1 hour. No biggie.

If it rains, find a nice patio/bar/resturant and relax.

Unless your friends have been there more then you, you are more experienced then them. Go and have fun!!

San Diego
Level Contributor
16 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in June?

While you can never *really* count on the weather, June shouldn't be a problem. Yes, it may rain a bit in the afternoon, but showers come and go . Rain everyday? Not likely.

We're going to be there near the end of June and have no worries whatsoever.

3. Re: Travel in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 23, 2009