We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal beach for 1 day.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal beach for 1 day.

We are stayaing in PDC. I would like to visit the beach in Akumal.

Need suggestions of a nice hotel, resort, or beach bar that will let us use their facilities for the day. Just want to lay on a beautiful, secluded place with facilities. (food, drink, restrooms)

Are there any places like this and what do they charge?

Thanks.

Debbie.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,043 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Akumal beach for 1 day.

Not sure of the buses. Take the collectivo for 2$ each way. They are airconditioned (new) white vans that travel between Playa and Tulum each 10 minutes. They will drop you off at the road into Akumal (5 + minute walk)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,043 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Akumal beach for 1 day.

Take the collectivo. $2 each way

See http://www.travelyucatan.com/collectivo.php

They will drop you off at the road into Akumal (5 minuyte walk)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Akumal beach for 1 day.

Thanks everyone for making our Day in Akumal Bay fabulous. Because of your suggestions, we found a treasure of a beach.

We took a taxi from Riu Palace Mex. to Akumal Bay. Rented beach chairs from the Dive shop. Had a great lunch at Turtle Bay Cafe.

Lol ha Restaurant served us beers and cocunut shrimps.

The beach is beautiful and we were able to do all this because of everyone's help.

Next trip, we'll definately be back.

To anyone thinking of doing this, everything we did there was in short walking distance of each other.

We don't snorkel, but there were alot of people doing it. I stood in waist deep water and saw big fish swimming around me.

THANK YOU ALL...

This is the 1st time my husband would eat a bite of food that didnt' come from an AI resort. HURRAY. These little local places are exactly what I've been missing.

24. Re: Akumal beach for 1 day.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 24, 2009