We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children at the Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough
2 posts
Save Topic
Children at the Akumal

My husband and I with our two children leave on the 21st of Jan. and I have been reading some of the reviews and everything looks great. There are always up's and downs but I have yet to hear about anyone being there with there young children.Did they have fun? was the kids club appropriate. Did they enjoy the food?

Anyone whom have taken there children I would love to hear how you made out.

Canadian Traveller

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children at the Akumal

You are asking about the Akumal Beach Resort?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Children at the Akumal

If you're talking about ABR, the kid's program is great from what I've been told.

The snack bar is right beside the pool where most of the activities take place

Devon UK
Level Contributor
329 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children at the Akumal

Again if it's the ABR....My two kids (7 and 4 at the time) had a whale of a time. They found the kids club a little boring but had a great time in and around the pools esp the "whirlpool", the circular one. We hardly saw the eldest one as he was with his two cousins who also came. The four year old would have been with them given half the chance. VERY safe to let them wander if they are old enough

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children at the Akumal

If your asking about ABR, the entertainment staff spends alot of time and energy to "entertain" the kids of all ages with alot of activities during the day and evening.

5. Re: Children at the Akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 23, 2009