We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Akumal coffee makers?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Akumal coffee makers?

Are there coffee makers in the rooms at GBP Akumal? It would appear not. I'm a tea drinker, so I'm bringing a portable immersion coil. However, our two other couples need their morning coffee-any suggestions so they don't have to wait until breakfast buffet -if coffee makers are not in the rooms?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
998 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Akumal coffee makers?

They do have coffee makers in the Club golden rooms. What I might suggest is to email the resort and ask if at all possible would the other two couples be able to have a coffee maker in their room, even if they are not part of the Club golden. worth a try. Otherwise they can always bring down a Melita one cupper strainer, and ask the front desk for coffee/cream/sugar for their room as each room has a fridge.

Cheers,

Kathy

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Akumal coffee makers?

Doesn't the place have a 24/7 food/beverage with an Espresso machine? Add extra water to a couple of shots of Espresso and you have cafe Americano. (albeit maybe a bit darker roast than some coffees) This should help out that early morning fix needed before the buffet opens.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
998 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Akumal coffee makers?

I do not remember seeing one, mind you, wasn't looking for one either.

Being a "need coffee before facing the world" type of person, I can say that coffee in the morning while waiting for the spouse to wake, or just sitting on the balcony watching the rest of the resort wake up is special.

Cheers,

Kathy

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,353 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Akumal coffee makers?

The Akumal have little signs in their room that say "Coffee service provided upon request". I believe that means that if you request it they will provide a coffee maker.

Illinois
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Akumal coffee makers?

Kathy

I agree that having my coffee and just sitting out on my deck is the best way to start my mornings while on vacation. I sure hope I can get a coffee maker.

6. Re: GBP Akumal coffee makers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 22, 2009