We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coquitlam, B.C.
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

We were booked at the Grand Sirenis from Dec 19-26 but moved to another hotel after only one night. We have been doing all-inclusives in Mexico for 18 years and have never had any problems until Grand Sirenis. The shower did not work, not a drop of water, the room safe did not work, no patio furniture, no ocean-view, key card to room did not work, it took 4 sets and a maintenance guy to get the keys to work. Brown water out of bathroom tap, water leaking into our bathroom from unit above. The worst food I have ever seen at an all-inclusive that is supposed to be a 5 star. Sunquest reps and hotel front desk unwilling to help. It took 22 hours of fighting with the front desk and Sunquest rep to move to another hotel and then they only agreed if we paid an additional $1329 plus our own transportation. If you are booked here and haven't left yet do yourself a favour and have your travel agent move you to another hotel before you leave home. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor would I book another vacation with Sunquest.

SW - Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Toronto/GTA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

Wow. I can't wait to go Jan. 12th to face these challenges. As long as the sun shines, I'll be alright.

Anyway, to all of you, this is only one review and there are others that are a bit more positive.

Remember to complain with a smile - have the battle, double the rewards!

Willem

Peterborough, Ont
Level Contributor
254 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Your experience must be an isolated case or their other people with the same experience don't use trip advisor.

I'm still willing to believe that the Grand Sirenis has lots to offer. I'm keeping a positive and looking forward to my vaction.

January 12th, here I come.

Wass

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

Which resort did you end up staying at??? I find it interesting that your experience was so awful and so isolated..........I hope you enjoyed your holiday after you moved.

kelowna bc
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

well that dose not sound good, which building were you in?

everythign in our room was awsome, only complain about the resort was the buffet food.

Coquitlam, B.C.
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

We were in the 1700 building at Grand Sirenis. Other people that were on our plane on the way home were also unimpressed with this resort. The hotel that we moved to was Bahia Principe Tulum which we had stayed at 3 times previously. The food and service at Bahia Principe was excellent. The difference between the 2 resorts was night and day. We really enjoyed the days we spent at Bahia but will be doing a detailed letter of complaint to Sunquest as we lost one full day of our vacation.

SW - Vancouver

Alberta
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

SW-Vancouver............were you at the Mayan Beach? I remember reading that people were being shown to rooms, exactly at the same time that the workers were finishing up the rooms. There have been so many wonderful comments from other travellers, that I am shocked that things turned out that badly for you, and greatly dissappointed that you didn't get much help from Sunquest. Good luck travelling to your next brand new resort..hope everything can work out better for you.......................

Alberta
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

erniedfireguy, shiftline, osparki, etc........I hope your enthusiasm for this resort was not exaggerated...........how could there be such a drastic difference of opinion............did you all just stay by the swim-up pool bar and not let anything affect your holiday????

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

I was kinda wondering the same thing...............................

Toronto/GTA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

SW-Vancouver, could you please let us know wether you were staying at the GSMB or the GSRM? Also, I'm still puzzled by the non-action taken by the staff: why wouldn't they just move you to a different room, you obviously gave them hell.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but would love to hear from others. Call it wishfull thinking, but I still have this trip ahead of me.

Thanks for your info.

Willem

ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Sirenis - WORST all-inclusive we have ever stayed at

SWVAN,

I don't doubt for a second that you were/are very disappointed with GS(clarify which one please) however, I notice that, according to your post, you began your push to be moved to another hotel only after two hours of being there - this begs the question in me whether two hours is enough time to justify such a harsh reveiw of a resorts' food, service and amenities.

Thanks for your review.

I trust this finds you well.