We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Grand Sirenis Now

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
At the Grand Sirenis Now

First ... Merry Christmas to all

I am at the Grand Sirenis now. I will do a full review when I get back. I wanted to talk about teenagers, night life and the Grand Sirenis.

We are having a great time. The weather has been perfect. The resort is amazing. As other people write in the reviews, the resort is experiencing start up pains.

I have two daughters; 19 years old and 16 years old. I was worried about the night life at the hotels since the reviews have been mixed.

The night life here is very, very limited. It is a combination of lack of young people and lack of young friendly activities. The pools close around 6. It gets dark here around that time and there isn`t enough lighting around the pool to be safe. All (most) of the bars close around 8 except the lobby bar. All bars close at 2.

There is a disco and beach party. However, it is not as active as my daughters would like due to the lack of young people.

This is a superb hotel if you are coming as a group. The resort provides the venue and you provide the people for the party.

The facilities are fantastic. The pools are spectacular. The beach is great. Bring sand shoes. As people say, the sand is very course. I am told the the snorkeling is great (I plan to do it today or tomorrow). The reef is close by and very alive. The resort provides the snorkeling and sea kayaks. There are sea doos to rent. The resort does not provide windsurfers or sail boats. The reef is too close to the surface.

That is all for now. If you have specific questions, please e mail me at tcain610 at hotmail.com (I have not mastered a Spanish keyboard yet).

Take care,

Tim

St. Cloud, MN
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: At the Grand Sirenis Now

Tim,

Could you advise on a telephone number directly to the Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach resort? I cannot find a number for them?

I wanted to see where they have our room located.

I hope you continue to enjoy your stay!

Thanks for taking the time!!!

Angela Kerzman, Minnesota

Calgary
Level Contributor
495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: At the Grand Sirenis Now

I have to say it's sad that they have jet skis.

The reef sounds like it's really nice and alive. It won't be for long if they keep letting jet skis out there.

I'd be a little leary of snorkling when there are people out on jet skis too.

Kelowna, BC Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: At the Grand Sirenis Now

Here is the telephone # I have - I am getting married at GS on Jan 18th and have used it twice to contact my wedding coordinator.

52-984-875 17 00

The int'l calling code is 011 (dial 1st). Hope this helps!

Sheri

Toronto/GTA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: At the Grand Sirenis Now

Hey Tim,

Did you get any replies in German yet?

Willem

15. Re: At the Grand Sirenis Now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, August 21, 2009