We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey Sandinmypants...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Topic
Hey Sandinmypants...

Just wanted you to know that we are not going to Jamaica next year, but headed back to the Bahia. We are thinking of staying on the Akumal side this time as the Tulum side is sold out for April 14. I need your expertise on the Akumal side. A few questions.

1. What is the best Villa (i.e. we want oceanview) as we are celebrating a 30th and 20th anniversary as well as a 75th birthday.

2. Can you go to the Arlequin more than once?

3. What is the best pool (i.e. quiet) by the main entrance or down by the sports pool?

4. How is the Italian restaurant, we have been to this resort twice and never been, always willing to try something new.

5. Any disadvantages of staying on the Akumal side vs. the Tulum side?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

Yes Sandinmypants we plan on taking her as long as she is able. She does, however, get the holidays mixed up, meaning where we were each year, but she does remember we were away. That's the main thing.

Yes I will keep you informed as soon as I hear back from the resort. I am hoping he is still there.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

going next week so i can let you guys know if he is still there. back on the 17th so i will post the info here and for sure will do a review. first impression of the resort and all.........

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

Thanks very much, be waiting with baited breath to hear about your report. Have a wonderful holiday.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

if you want me to check for anything just let me know and i will do my best

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

Can't wait to hear what you think of the place. By now you should have a pretty good idea of what to expect; just remember that a lot of what you take away from a vacation is what you bring into it. Go with a good attitude, you'll have a great time! Enjoy, relax, and drink a little tequila (w/salt & lime) for me!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

Hey DDF, I was reading one of your other posts on a different topic about how much you're looking forward to your vacation. April will seem like it takes FOREVER to get here! I know you've been looking forward to this for a long time, were you the one last year that decided to put in a pool instead of taking a vacation after the Hurricane Wilma thing happened, or do I have you confused with someone else? To me, a big part of the fun of the vacation is the anticipation. Right now I'm having trouble getting sand toys for my five year old to take along with us to Jamaica in January. We always take them along with us instead of buying them at the resort, they're so cheap to buy here at Walmart, then we just leave them in the room for the maids or whoever. We figure there's no sense in dragging them back home. But now I can't find much, and buying them online is costing me an arm and a leg for shipping! (It's more for the shipping than for the darn plastic bucket!) And, since my in-laws are going along for their first tropical vacation, they have no clothes to wear, so they've been scouring the clearance racks here in town to find summer clothes to wear. My mother-in-law actually found a swimsuit on clearance at KMart (should be interesting!) which surprised me. They're not used to spending money on a vacation, so the thought of going out and dropping a bunch of cash on new clothes was just too much for them. They also had to get passports, so that was an added expense. (We paid for the passports, I think they were about to have a checkbook meltdown). I don't think they thought about all of this when they said "yes" to going along with us!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
ontario,
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

hey DDF

Mama20 here, wanted to let you know the reason I didnt reply to your email was we had a computer meltdown and lost your email address in the confusion. The wedding was amazing and even with the below season temps, the trip was awesome. If you'd like to send an email to my hotmail, I'd be happy to tell you all about our trip and what we experienced while there. adios amigo

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

Hey Sandinmypants, no it wasn't us putting the pool in, last April '05 we were at the Bahia Tulum for 2 glorious weeks, this past April we went to Cuba (Playa Costa Verde) for another 2 gloriouis weeks, wonderful resort. We travel every year and each trip is very special, but you are right, it takes forever to get here, but once it is here, it doesn't take long to pass!!! Can't wait though, but we have the excitement of Christmas first and then it won't be too long after the new year to come. I just put a new post up asking about the snack bar and it's whereabouts. Can you read it and let me know.

Mama20, I will e-mail you, I would love to hear all about it.

19. Re: Hey Sandinmypants...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 20, 2009