We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

My wife and I plus our six year old daughter will be at Akumal April 4-11. Can anyone suggest any locations on the property to request? I have heard buildings in the upper 40's and lower 50's are at good locations. Is there anywhere to find a map of the facilities?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

Hey buckeye It seems to be an overwhelming sentiment that villa 47 is the best( if you want to be close to everything) Villa 66 seems to be the best as far as ocean view goes but its a little bit further away from the pool , bars, restaraunts ect. I personally am requesting 66. I dont mind a little bit of a walk to have the best view. We'll be there April 6-13.

stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

WE stayed in building 48 & loved it! Both 47 & 48 are junior suites with ocean view, but 47 is directly on the ocean. I'm going to request 47 as I did last year but will be happy with 48 again! Go to link below for site map : …webshots.com/photo/121322681/121329545ndvOeV

Or go to webshots community, follow links to travel, mexico, BPA & find Dragord's pics. The site map is #2 out of 40.

Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

Thanks a lot. That map of the property was what I was hoping to find.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

Hi Pittsburgh,

I know you said you don't mind the walk. But, F.Y.I. there is a new review under Bahia Principe Akumal that you should read, just to get the opinion of someone that has just been there.

Good Luck and don't forget to fill me in when you return (we don't go until last week in July).

Natalie

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

Nat - thanks for the heads up about the review. I'm so thankful for this site with the reviews and posts/forums I will definitely post a detailed review April 14ish. As well as answer anyones questions.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

After reviewing that last review I decided I am going to request villa 47 instead of 66. My neighbors daughter is studying to be a Spanish teacher so I'm having her translate my request into spanish for me. Hopefully they will appreciate the extra effort and reward me with the presidential suite. Hehehe. Once I have it I'll let you know and then you can use it for your request too. Hopefully it works - can't hurt.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

Pittsburgh--glad that review helped. I'm going to try 47 too! But, we just have 2 standard rooms so we'll see. I would love to be on the ocean like you once did, but in November we went to Disney and stayed in a huge hotel, our room was accessible from the main lobby, but it was so far down the hall that I felt like we were in another state. It was only a two night stay but I still thought that it took away from the vacation--for me anyway. So this time, I rather be right near everything, especially since we are there for 8 nights.

Sorry we're 3 mos. behind you!

Natalie

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at Bahia Principe Akumal

If the resort is as nice as I've been reading I may still be there when you get there!!