We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Fl
10 posts
Save Topic
Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

Hello,

we are thinking of going to the BP Akumal from June 17-24th 2007. We have entertained several options including Jamaica and Antigua. Some of the questions we have are:

1. Is there a limit to how many a la carte restaurants we can attend while our 7 night stay?

2. Is the beach really as rocky as some say? And if so where can we go?

3. Are there any roman tubs in any of the suites?

4. What is the best place to book through, if you have any suggestions?

5. We have been hearing about mosquito issues, we are from Miami, Fl. and are used to them. But is it something unberable?

IWe appreciate your help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

We went to Gran Bahia Akumal in september and we met a lot of people on there honeymoon. Best bet would be to join the golden club. You get better room, free internet, free robes. If you are a golden club member you get 4 ala carte restaurants in a week and if you are not a golden club member you only get three. The beach is very rocky because of the hurricane that they had last year that washed up all the rocks onto the surface of the beach. I had no problems with mosquitos. There are some but not a lot of them there.

Miami, Fl
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

Thank you for your help. What do I need to o to become a Golden club member? Is there a fee? Is there any way I can get more than 4 a la cartes if I pay cash? Once again I greatly appreciate your help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

when you book your trip you can have the choice if available for golden club or regular. Golden club is more money though but sometimes not that much more though.

If you look through the akumal forums on this website there is a guy who puts him name out and says if you need any help with reservations and stuff like that he can help. I just read a review for one of the resorts cant remember which one, either coba or tulum and this guy e-mail this guy ahead of time and told him it was his anniversary and he got all this special treatment. Try to read his review. It might help you.

Miami, Fl
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

Thanks buddy

5. Re: Should we go to BP Akumal for my honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 19, 2009