We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BPT Fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
BPT Fishing

We're staying at Bahia Principe Tulum next week and i'm very keen to do some fishing whilst there. We stayed at ABR a couple of years ago and there were plenty of small boats available on the beach which took us fishing. My question is, is it the same at BP Tulum beach, are there boats there with local skippers who you can negotiate with?

Thanks Dave

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BPT Fishing

We never saw or heard anyone offering fishing trips. You might want to ask at the Water Sports/Activities place, right on the beach, they might be able to hook you up. If not, just hop on a collectivo and head into Akumal. You really won't see many locals on the beach at the Bahia, not like the ABR where there's more access to a public beach area and I imagine the locals would hang out looking for someone wanting to fish. We befriended one of the waiters at the buffet restaurant, he could have hooked us up with pretty much anything we wanted to do. That might be another way to go about it.

2. Re: BPT Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, August 22, 2009