We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chilliwack, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

Hello,

My Mom and I are traveling to the Grand Palladium for the first time between Sept-Nov this year, and I could really use some help trying to decide where to stay and what type of room to get.

I have been looking at Kantenah, White Sands and Royal Suites.

A couple things we would like are to be close to the beach (I am interested in snorkeling), preferably have a suite with a separate bedroom since my Mom snores and I am a light sleeper. However, if the pull out is uncomfortable I would opt to get a room with two beds.

How far away is the royal suites to the beach? Are the pullouts in the white sands or royal very uncomfortable?

If we did Kantenah we would get a suite with double beds, since that block is closer to the beach.

If we did White Sands and got a suite with a separate room I am unsure where we would be located, closer to beach or not, and I am concerned about the comfort of the sofa bed.

If we did the Royal Suites I am wondering on the location and it not being centrally located and again I don't know about the sofa beds in there.

I am 5.4' adult woman, I heard the beds can be too short, and have seen people type that they wouldn't recommend for an adult.

Any and all input of recommendations on where to stay, location and the beds would be most helpful. I have stayed at the Barcelo before and slept on their pull out bed and found it more comfortable then the beds there.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

Hm. Been to this resort many times. The best location closest to the Kantenah beach are the Kantenah Mayan suites. They are one room however with a king bed and a sleep sofa (new and comfortable.)

You may want to checkout the suites in White Sand or Riviera. Two rooms. The sleep sofas there aren't bad if you request an extra mattress pad.

Royal is more remote but has a very good transportation system and they will drive you right to the best section of Kantenah. The suites there are two rooms and have brand new sleep sofas as well as the king in the master.

I am also 5'4 and don't find the beds too short. Let me know if I can help further.

Chilliwack, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

Thank-you for the response. :) I just looked at the Mayan Suites in the Kantenah, they are very nice but the sleeping area is very close to each other, I have now moved on to getting a junior suite at the Kantenah (the suite option which is bigger wasn't available through Transat) or the White Sand Imperial Suite. I have noticed quite a few posts saying that a mattress topper was hard to get, because they didn't get delivered, so I am unsure which one to pick out of those two due to this? Both places seem located pretty close to the beach.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

The Kantenah junior suites are way closer to the nicer beach, so I would go with that they have been renoed, so have new sofas and beds.. We didn't get a mattress topper the whole time we were there in low season and request it a few times. We were there for 11 days last Oct. We did love the resort.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

I usually requested a mattress topper ahead of time -before I went whenI made my room request and never had a problemm getting one, The Kantenah Jr suites have new sleep sofas so are comfortable.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
619 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

When we stayed at the Royal Suites, we didn't have too much trouble walking to the beach - it's a bit of a walk, but not so horrible. The resort is large, and we did rely on trams and/or the golf carts over at RS if we wanted to go from one end to the other.

The Riviera is close to a non-swimmable portion of the beach. The best bet over on that side is the salt-water pool, which kind of is the beach in that the waves crash over the rocks, but you swim in a semi-natural pool grotto that has a sea water channel. It is its own experience and probably my favorite spot at the resort. So if you are over at RS or the Riv, that's not so far.

6. Re: Grand Palladium / Royal Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 11, 2015