We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
AT
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

I used to work at the Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal and know pretty well about both (Akumal and Tulum) resorts, amenities, restaurants, services, excursions & day trips, etc. So, if you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them!

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
jcw
Chicago
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
71. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

hmats91-

Saw your son's posting on the BPT Forum... They are ready to party!

Spain
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
72. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

Hello; kami mex, thank you, this info is very useful. I'll be at the Bahia Principe at the end of April, someone in the Puerto Morelos forum said that at this time of year jelly fish lay their larvae; does this happen in the beaches near Bahia Principe? Are there any jelly fish at all?

And another question: are there phones at the hotel where you can use Telmex phone cards?

Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Fremont
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

Hi Kami_mex,

I was wondering if you think Xehla would be doable with a 3 year old - she's quite a sport and loves to see things and I was thinking we could build sand castles and each parent take turns to snorkel... Is there enough shade to take a child and hang out for an hour or so?

Thanks!

Fullerton
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
74. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

I just made a reservationto go to Akumal this August. Now I am hearing from friends and family that this is Hurricane Season. Should I move my trip up to June or July? Are June or July and "safer" than August in terms of avoiding a Hurricane? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Calgary
7 posts
Save Reply
75. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

In regards to Hurricanes, they generally develop Sept/Oct ish. I think your August Vacation should be great. However that isn't to say Mother Nature isn't going to have a mind of her own. I am employed for an airline, so I deal with Hurricane's in that season. Enjoy your holiday...you'll love it!

San Juan
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
76. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

Hi:

I know I want to stay at the Bahia Principe on my visit on May 20. Still undecided if to stay at BPA or at BPT. Is it true that even if you are a guest at one of the hotels you may use the other hotels facilites. Which of the 2 do you recommend>

Thanks

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

Hi kami mex,

I hope that the Bahia is rewarding you somehow for all of the wonderful info you have supplied to travelers on their behalf!! :)

I am wondering if you know if either side has accomodations for a family with 3 small kids...we have stayed for 3 years at Viva Maya in Playa, (and they have allowed our 3rd child, no problem..because they are 4,8,10..quiet..well behaved..no extra bedding needed, and we managed just fine with 2 queen beds) Most resorts have a strict 2 adult/2 child rule....but the cost of 2 rooms would not be possible for us..as it doubles the price of vacation..Wondering if they would refuse us if we reserved 2 kids, and showed up with the 3rd...littlest adorable girl !?! (They are so easy,...a banana for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch and a few coka-colas to drink..and they are happy, and not at all the cost of an entire roomm for a week)

ANy ideas??

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
410 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Worked at Bah��a Pr��ncipe Akumal

If you are going to try to sneak her in--get a jr. suite, This way you have a pull out couch and some sitting and walking room. But, go to Bahia-principe.com and see what the rules are, before you lie or sneak.

Natalie