We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

Booked for September to si'an kaan, does anyone know if you can get southern comfort, thanks

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

I looked at the menu and it wasn't listed. You can see the list here: https://flic.kr/p/iS1Af2

Rob

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

Perhaps try JD or if you want a cream based version, the Mexico version called Kahlua

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

Are you sure VSD? I've been drinking SC many many years and it is nothing like either Kahlua or JD.

I doubt you could make an Alabama Slamma out of Kahlua :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,090 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

I have heard the Alabama Slamma is a unique drink as is SC

I stand corrected

To the OP, try new drinks as you are in a different country

Try a dirty monkey (with banana) - a health drink

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

Random thought but does anyone know if they have sangria?!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

I've had Sangria a couple of times - once at the Tulum when they rolled out Tacos outside at the activity pool. The other time was in one of the a la cartes - Portofino maybe.

It can't hurt to ask though since it's not my thing, I never have.

lowestoft suffolk
Level Contributor
733 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

kazbobbie, why don't you get a bottle in duty free before you leave then you can have it in your room whenever you want . That's what I do with my Quantreau(sorry about spelling if its wrong) as I don't always find it while on holiday depending where we go.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,627 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

Lynnandkev - not that taking your own bottle isn't a great idea but Triple Sec is widely available in Mexico as it's a key ingredient in margaritas. I've found that it's a great substitute for Cointreau. Another favourite for many that's along the same lines as Cointrea is Grand Marnier although I admit, I'm not much of a fan as I find it a bit harsh.

As far as Southern Comfort goes, I agree that there's no real substitute (especially not Kahlua). If you like SC, you might enjoy DiSaronno or Frangelico but I certainly wouldn't rate either one as a substitute. As noted above, if SC is what you really want, consider bringing a bottle with you (bubble wrapped and in leak-proof packaging in your checked luggage).

Happy drinking!

lowestoft suffolk
Level Contributor
733 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

Llisa thanks for letting me know that they have Triple Sec that's great news as I wasn't sure if they had it ,hence my other choice. But it is still nice to have something in your room if you are like me and always late to bed and early to rise( but too long in the tooth for discos and clubbing).

Edited: 10:37 am, April 22, 2014
10. Re: Si'an kaan. , Southern comfort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 24, 2015