We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
87 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

Hello

I am getting SUPER excited as we are leaving in 12 days for what I'm sure will be a fabulous holiday at the Grand Bahia Principe Coba. I am going with several family members and we met last night to talk about the trip. These are some questions that came up. I'd sure appreciate your help in answering them!

1) Where is the children's pool area located on the map: is it part of the pool area closer to the highway or the beach? We are not traveling with children and we think this will play a role in our decision of what building to stay in.

2) Room Requests: Our group is going to need a total of 4 rooms and we'd like them to be close to one another. I will include this in our request. I need to know what buildings to request. I'm thinking 1-4 or 22-25 or 31/30. I'm assuming some of these are for Royal Golden or premier guests which we are not. Which buildings are allocated to the higher level guests?

3) We are staying 14 days. How many a la carte reservations will we get? Do Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners count as a la carte reservations?

4) For a seafood restaurant, which gets the better reviews or which would you recommend - El Prescador in Coba or Frutos del Mar in Akumal.

5) What time does the golf course open? Has anyone recently been able to get the "pay for 3, play 4 times" promotion?

6) Is the spa amenities (current pool, etc.) accessible to all guests or only the Bahia Sian Kaan guests.

I think that's all for now. Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

Here are some answers

1&2: Rather than request a specific room, tell them your requirements (away from the children pool/waterpark, close to ???). Bldgs 1-4 are for golden upgrades

3:You will get 6 alacartes

4) Seafood: Try Pescadors - see this thread for sample menues

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5982…

5) Golf Course - not sure but they have their own website - likely no specials for this busy time

6) SPAs - you can visit any section. I don't believe Sian Kaan has their own but a tram can take TAO Wellness centre, open to any guest

Have fun

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

I would go for frutos del mar rather than el pescador, but in fairness neither of the seafood restaurants are great. the best seafood I had there was grouper at 'le gourmet' it was delicious.

all sections have their own spa.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

I agree with Damionsmum. I prefer Frutos del Mar over El Pescador. But as there are so many other great a la cartes I would skip both of these

Tiny, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

Building 1 to 4 are for the privilege club and not available. Buildings 5 to 10 and 28 and 29 are the golden club, but you can get into those even if you don't have the upgrade. We didn't and stayed in building 7 which was great. Our friends had the up great and stayed in the same building.

The Pescadore Restaurant was very nice.

Georgetown, Ontario
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

Only 12 more days to go for us as well. Should be our 8th stay. A family favourite. My daughters always have a blast! I am sure your family will love it..

fyi...Don't miss the Michael Jackson show and try to book the Mikado show table in advance. Email them for advance reservations!

Joe

6. Re: 12 days till GBP Coba..please help me answer last minute ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 29, 2014